November 3, 2011

Bearing

I believe that everyday of your life you learn something new, or expand upon your understanding of something old.  This knowledge can come to you in any way shape or form; and through, or by-way-of, any medium or vessel.  Today while sitting in traffic, this truck pulled up beside me carrying a very heavy concrete load.  It was tied down by several yellow ropes and held up by a foundation made of small blocks of wood.  I was in awe.   Why was this image so captivating to me?  Why was I drawn to it like a Monet painting, or a Bernini sculpture.  Eventually it hit me, that in that moment I was seeing the visual to my very own existence.  The small wooden blocks were imperfect and probably individually useless, and when they were being cut they more than likely had no real purpose.  The small blocks were stacked and stacked and stacked.  And now they serve as a solid foundation having the ability to withstand what appears to be a load way to heavy to bear.




No comments:

Post a Comment